Valeo Kapec Interview
- Mexico Site Production Technology Team Hernandez
- Mexico Site Production TeamZacarias
- Mexico Site Human Resources TeamRodriguez
- Japan Site APU2 Process TeamSasaki
- Atsugi R&D Design Team Nakatsuji
- China Site Sales Team Hongchuan
- China Site Quality Management Team Yunfei Liu
even price competitiveness is global No.1.
- Q. What's your current job?
- I carry out all relevant activities to purchase and supply raw materials and components necessary for production. I generally contribute to the company's profits by reducing costs through optimal quality, cost, and demand and supply. The cost of purchase is a significant part of the total company’s expenses. Based on the purchase policy of Valeo Kapec, I manage suppliers and carry out the procurement service according to the target cost by project.
- Q. What qualifications and requirements are needed to perform your job?
- I have to find companies with the most competitive quality of raw materials that provides the best unit cost. And the ability to collaborate seamlessly with internal organizations, suppliers, and government agencies is necessary. Also, continuous management and negotiation skills are important to ensure that partners supply quality products within the due date.
- Q. When do you feel rewarding at work?
- A complete car company have suddenly changed its product specifications and ordered different parts emergently. Since the original order was already placed, there were a lot of difficulties in persuading partners and negotiating unit prices again. Although it was urgent, I completed the delivery of products they ordered in time and the company was able to meet the shipment date of the finished vehicle without any trouble. Yes, it was very hard, but I feel currently fulfilled whenever I see the cars being loved by many Japanese consumers.
- Q. What is your dream to realize with Valeo Kapec?
- Through the global network, Valeo Kapec is immediately responding to customer needs, with the purchases of raw materials at the optimum unit price to deliver for production. Therefore, I hope to dedicate myself to finding a variety of partners and working closely together to help our company have a top position in price competitiveness.